Thursday, January 3, 2013

Call Me Maybe Dog Layout with Scrap it With a Song

Happy 2013 fellow bloggers! Hope the new year is off to a great start for you! My husband and I took a big step for this year and added this little guy to our family.

Say hello to Shadrach the dachshund!

We adopted him from a wonderful organization here in Southern California called Beagles and Buddies. The first time I met him, there was an instant connection. And it was all because of those eyes!

So when I saw that this week's challenge over at Scrap it With a Song is "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen, I automatically thought of the line, "His stare was holdin'." Here is a great version of the song by the U.S. Olympic Swim Team.


By the way, as annoying as this song was when I first heard it, it is absolutely one of my favorite songs now and I must sing it at the top of my lungs whenever I hear it. Just FYI.

I recently had my first sewing lesson and made my little doxxie a bow tie. The pictures I took show his "holdin'" stare perfectly! I was so glad to finally be able to use this great pet collection by Bo Bunny from a few years ago that I had been hoarding - ahem - saving for a while now.

 



Head over to the Scrap it With a Song blog to check out the details for participating in this month's challenges. There's also a great prize up for grabs from our own Rock Chick, Dana!

The sketch came from the December sketch challenge by The Sampler Kit Club.

XOXO,

5 comments:

Carla said...

Super cute Becky! Fun layout :-)

lenny said...

Super fun layout!!
Love the pictures and the colors that you used!!
Awesome job!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

love your take on the sketch. your dog and your layout are just adorable. love the whimsical embellishments. thanks for playing with us at the sampler.

Katie said...

I love your version of the sketch. And your dog is too adorable!

Heather Landry said...

Thank you so much for playing along with the challenge at The Sampler!

I love the bright, cheerful colors on this page. It's a fabulous design!

Post a Comment