Thursday, March 24, 2011

Totally Stacked

A few weeks ago my girlfriends and I were having dinner and we got to talking about stuff we collect. When I say stuff that we "collect" I actually mean that we are straight up hoarders. Stuff that we reasonably convince ourselves that we need when in actuality we absolutely do not. Most of the time.

One of my friends "collects" purses. My other friend "collects" cardigans. Her father has tons of pens. My dear husband could wear a different watch a day for two weeks. My mother has boxes full of remnants of different kinds of fabric (which I shouldn't complain about because in the rare occasions that I have needed fabric, she's usually got it).

You can guess that my "collection" is scrapbook related. I, my friends, am addicted to stacks.


This sadly is only a portion of my, ahem, collection. I have a stack of paper for most holidays and seasons. I have stacks of cardstock, glittered paper, and foiled paper. I have mat stacks and die cut stacks. You name it and I've probably got it.

Every time these puppies go on sale I have the following dialogue in my head:

Becky: "Wow, this stack is adorable! And I don't have a stack with ferret paper!"

Reasonable Becky (usually in the form of my husband): "Yes, but Becky you don't have a ferret and therefore you don't need an entire pad of paper dedicated to ferrets."

Becky (doing quick math in her head): "But this stack has 180 papers for $9.99. That's like a penny a paper. I need it. I NEED IT!"
Now I don't really have a ferret stack but you get the idea. And I do use the stacks although not as much as I should. Here are some layouts I've made using my precious stacks.


This was at a "Where the Wild Things Are" movie screening. Calm yourselves people.
As I write this I am shamefully thinking of the two stacks I'm thinking of buying. Will I ever use all of this paper? Of course not. But it will be there when I need it. And that's the beauty of "collections." If I ever need a gold purse with a flower or a blue cardigan with polka dots, I will know exactly where to go.

So here's the question: what do you collect?

Until next time! =)

XOXO,

2 comments:

Michelle McClure said...

Are you saying that you're totally stacked? I love papers too, but luckily I find the stacks too overwhelming, so I just buy individual sheets. I clear things out once a year since I don't like clutter. But I feel your pain and am often tempted by tools and supplies.

Becky said...

I'm even more stacked now because there was a sale at Joanns! I think I need to start a clutter clearing event myself.

Post a Comment