Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Dark Side Harry Potter Layout

It's the first week of the month meaning it's my turn over at Scrap it With a Song. This week the challenge is "Dark Side" by Kelly Clarkson. I have to be honest here. When I saw the challenge, I had to YouTube the song because I didn't recognize it. Once I listened to it I realized what a powerful song it is.

This song is all about having a dark side. The video has very touching images. Once I had the song down, I struggled with what to make with it. The first thing that came to mind was my struggles with my career. I know many teachers struggle with this these days. However, I wasn't sure if I was ready to scrap such a difficult issue.

One night it hit me - I have never scrapped any of my Harry Potter movie premiere pictures! Since the books and movies are about dark times, I thought it would work. So that is what I went with.




My friend Angela was lucky and received tickets to a special pre-screening of the last installment of the Harry Potter films. Since she knows what a Potter-Head I am, she invited me! It was an amazing experience!

I've had this Harry Potter paper sitting in my stash for a year now. I was thrilled to finally pull it out. Along with the paper, I had also purchased some matching stickers. They didn't really stand out so I glued them to some chipboard (actually just some old cardboard from a cereal box!) and smeared Glossy Accents on them. I hand cut the wand and made a small sunburst. I outlined the letters in the title with a black pen to make them pop. I added some washi tape as a finishing touch.

If you're interested in this challenge, please visit Scrap it With a Song. I also found this awesome sketch over at The Sampler Kit Club!

XOXO,

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the bits of glitter and the title work. great take on the sketch. thanks for playing with the sampler.

Carla said...

Great layout!! Love your attention to the little details!!

shaunnaRooskie :) said...

so fantastic Becky! love the theme and your take on the sketch - thanks for sharing with us ;)

Michelle McClure said...

This turned out soooo cute, although you didn't use any of K's suggestions. Haha.

Toni Herron said...

Becky... I love, love, love this LO!
I too am a big HP fan! :)
Thanks for the great inspiration for this challenge..
Toni..
http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/

Heather Landry said...

Thank you so much for playing along with The Sampler challenges! I love how you made your own sparkly magic wand. Too cool!

Post a Comment