Saturday, October 13, 2012

My First Try at a Fall Mantel

Happy fall everyone! I know it has officially been autumn for a while now but for us here in Southern California, we are just now getting our cooler weather. And I am so thankful for that!

In an attempt to conjure thoughts of cooler weather (it didn't work), I started working on our mantel as soon as the calendar said it was fall. Earlier this year we moved into a house with a beautiful fireplace. This is my first time living in a house with a mantel! After drooling over beautiful mantel pictures online over the last few years, I was excited to give it a try myself. So on an obscenely hot fall day, my roomie (a.k.a. partner in crime) and I started to piece this together...


I found that fabulous printable at Craftily Ever After. I put it in a frame I got at Dollar Tree and it worked perfectly. The topiary is a project I made last year. I found some pumpkins at Trader Joe's and my BFF found the beautiful garland and little owl (isn't he precious!).


I saw the idea for this wreath on Pinterest (of course) and am so happy with how it came out. You can see the tutorial and original inspiration at Craftaholics Anonymous. It took me half of the Emmy's to finish this guy and a couple of runs to JoAnns. And yes, I judge how long something takes to make by what I am watching on tv. Don't judge.

Thanks for reading!

XOXO,

3 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Your first ever mantel is a hit! Great wreath!
I love the words in the frame!

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, I luv the garland and the sweet topiary, so cute...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Heidi said...

It all turned out great!! Love the wreath!

Post a Comment