Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rosy Rosette Tutorial!

Hey all!

I had a second reveal as a guest designer for this month on the Pages from the Heart blog. This time it was a tutorial for making large rosettes like I did on this banner. There are lots of tutorials out there for making these and here is my take on it. You can check out the original blog post and tutorial here!


1. Cut two strips that are 2 x 12 inches. Using a scoring blade or a scoring board (which I really need to add to my arsenal!), score at every 3/4 of an inch. 


2. Fold the strips at each score line going back and forth. 


3. Glue the two strips together. You will want to glue them so that you have a continuous "mountains and valleys" pattern. You may need to cut a piece off in order to do this. 


4. Now you will need to glue your long strip into a circle using the same technique of having continuous mountains and valleys. 


5. Punch two circles. Using a hot glue gun cover one circle with glue (be careful!) and fold the strip circle inwards onto the circle with glue. It doesn't have to be perfectly centered because this will be the bottom of your yo-yo. You can also use a strong liquid adhesive or glue dots but it may take a few tries to get it to stick. I'm a little impatient so I prefer a hot glue gun which works immediately! 




6. Glue the top circle onto the center of your yo-yo. You're ready to add it to your project!




If you are ever in the downtown Monrovia area stop by the store and check out the projects for this month by the design team. Next week I'll be sharing my last project and a new class!

XOXO,

0 comments:

Post a Comment